It’s Nathan’s birthday on the 21st June.
For a whet (a young witch) to become a full, adult witch they go through a Giving ceremony on their 17th Birthday. The Giver gives the whet three gifts, whispers a spell and the whet must drink the blood of his/her parents or grandparents.
But what 3 gifts would you give Nathan?
I’ve come up with a long list of possibilities, but haven’t decided yet which ones I would give him. The gifts don’t need to be valuable or even sentimental: a flower, a stone or a feather might be appropriate for Nathan.
Here’s my list to select from:-
– a silver bracelet (a manly one!)
– a sheepskin
– a leaf
– a piece of Welsh slate
– a photograph of Arran, Deborah and Gran
– a photograph of Annalise
– a photograph of his mother, Cora, and his father, Marcus
Or maybe I should give him something practical:-
– a new pair of boots (or would this count as two things? – I wouldn’t want to risk messing up the Giving)
– anger management lessons
– driving lessons (he is 17)
– blood donor card (now he has turned 17)
What would you give? Have you any better suggestions?It’s Nathan’s birthday on 21st June – I’ll reveal my choices after his birthday.